Did you know that, according to the Pew Research Center, there are 40.4 million technically unpaid caregivers? These usually comprise of what we call primary caregivers, family members or friends who took it upon themselves to look after a senior, infirm, or disabled loved one in their homes.
As a provider of residential care in Perris, California, we at Magellan Residential Care, Inc. recognize the nobility of the intentions and effort these people put into taking care of their loved ones. However, we must acknowledge how difficult the duties they have taken can be. It’s common for primary caregivers to eventually experience burnout, leaving them in a hard position where they have to choose between meeting their own needs and discontinuing the care their loved one needs.
Fortunately, respite care is a powerful solution. Choosing this service lets you receive the following benefits:
- You can recuperate from your duties physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially without sacrificing your loved one’s care needs.
- A team of professionals takes over your work, allowing your loved one to continue receiving care while getting in touch with new people they can trust.
- You get more time to handle personal concerns, appointments, and health needs, bringing you back into the physical state and headspace needed to properly look after your loved one.
- You get more opportunities to interact with your loved one as a family member rather than an adult care provider all the time.
- In the same vein, you get to reduce the friction between yourself and your loved one, a thing that happens when you have to set aside your identity and your needs to look after theirs.
By letting your loved one stay at our home, you put them in the hands of people who can provide the care they deserve, giving you more time for quality time with them. Learn more about our brand of disability care in California by calling today.